The Lebanon Township Education Foundation is an organization dedicated to helping better the community through a variety of educational programs, service events, and grant programs for teachers and schools. In the spirit of giving back to the community, this award will be given to a graduating senior who has consistently demonstrated a devotion to community service. The specific requirements of the award are listed below.
Congratulations Rowan Baluta
The recipient of the 2011-2012 LTEF Community Service Scholarship Award is Rowan Baluta. Miss Baluta will be attending New York University in the fall and hopes to pursue a pre-med career. During high school, she was active in the music program, playing first flute in the Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, and Pit Orchestra, as well as honor societies, Mock Trial, and a variety of other clubs. She also spent significant time volunteering at the Somerset Hills Handicapped Riding Center, where she assisted with group therapy sessions. Best wishes to Rowan in pursuing your higher education.
LTEF Community Service Scholarship
Amount of Award: $1,000
- The award recipient must have been resident of Lebanon Township for a period of one year prior to the application deadline. (April 1)
- The award recipient must have a current GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- The award recipient must have demonstrated positive citizenship traits through an exemplary disciplinary record.
- The award recipient may include a statement of financial need. This is not a mandatory requirement for the awarding of the scholarship.
- The applicant must document his/her academic performance (please submit a transcript).
- The applicant must document participation in community service activities. This documentation should be for activities no older than four years. The community service activities can take place in school or in the community. At least one letter of recommendation from an adult advisor must be submitted with the application.
- The applicant must document participation in co-curricular events for his/her high school years.
Optional Application Information:
- The applicant may submit an essay explaining the scope and impact of their community service involvement. This is not mandatory, however, it will be considered as a component of the application if submitted.
- The applicant may submit a statement of financial need.
Deadline and Contact Information
All application materials must be submitted by April 1st of each year.
Noreen Ranallo, LTEF representative